- health and food portal
Find the latest news on food and health issues, solutions to prevent cancer,
information on superfood and tips on weightloss. Items covered are:
Superfoods like chlorella, spirulina, kefir and lots more
Health - Health TV network produced by CNN and delivered to medical waiting rooms
across the US. Includes programming guide, articles, and tips for living a healthy
Access Place Health - Web directory
containing links to medical news, specialty sites, and general health information.
for Health Care Policy and Research - Consumer health and patient information on
health plans and insurance, prescriptions, conditions and diseases, surgery, quality of
care, quitting smoking, and prevention and wellness.
- Provides basic information on medical conditions and procedures including symptoms,
diagnosis, treatment, predicted outcome and alternative diagnoses.
For Health - Weekly consumer news e-zine on a variety of healthcare topics.
a Patient - Provides a database of patient opinions and ratings of medicine
effectiveness. Also includes weekly consumer opinion polls on healthcare topics, and a
health care research assistance section.
Health - Current health news and information covering a wide range of subjects,
including medical conditions, healthy living, relationships and sexual health, interative
tools, and general resources.
Doctors - Comprehensive knowledge-based medical referral service.
BluePrint for Health - A health and wellness
portal which provides health information, personalized newsletters and interactive health
- Health news and medical information community for consumers.
- Provides life care products, services and tools. Contains links, news, articles and
suggested further resources on medical issues.
- Provides information on preventitive approaches in physical, behavioural and emotional
Health Care Information - Includes daily news, travel information and disease
Health - Health news, chats and advice from CNN.
Cochrane Consumer Network - This international
group dedicated to the study of evidence-based medicine, explains how to decipher clinical
studies and how to use them when making decisions about medical care.
Health Information Database - A database produced by health-related agencies of the
Federal Government. Provides titles, abstracts, and availability information for health
information and health education resources.
Consumer Laboratory Testing Information
- A thorough guide to medical laboratory tests, why they are performed, and what they
ReportsŪ Online - Information and advice on health products, services, and decisions.
- Includes information on clinics, family wellness, disease prevention, diet, exercise and
C.S.S. Doctor's Credentials Search - Search
for a Doctor's Medical School, Board Certification, residence training, licensing,
disciplinary action (if any), and other important information.
Digital City - Health - Health resources and
providers across the United States.
Health - Offers news and a variety of health information resources.
Discuss Your Health - Discussion forums and
Diseases, Disorders and Related Topics
- Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Comprehensive listings of links to medical
information, most reliable, some not.
Doctor Healthynet - Offers diagnosis and
treatment of conditions and diseases, medical procedures, preventive health guidelines,
and sources of free medicines.
DoctorInfo - Provides searches for
background information on medical doctors or doctors of osteopathic medicine.
- Resources for information regarding medicine, doctors, health, fitness and related
Gabe Mirkin - Reports on health, fitness, and nutrition news from talk show host Gabe
Mirkin, M.D., in text and audio form.
Koop's Community - Former Surgeon General Koop's resources for health information. A
wide variety of topics, an encyclopedia, pharmacopeia, and resources guide.
Duke University Healthy Devil On-Line -
Online medical resources and information.
- Identify symptoms to make a self-diagnosis; set up online consultations with physicians
and therapists; view online medical dictionary of diseases, treatments, drug information.
Evaluation of English and
Spanish Health Information on the Internet - The findings of a large study that
describes and evaluates English and Spanish health information on the Internet. Assesses
search engine performance and the quality and readability of health information on the
Internet, and provides conclusions and recommendations.
Doctor in Your Area - Geographic directory of doctors with links to their websites.
- Offers resources for consumers on medical conditions, treatment and research.
Global Health News and Resources - Offers news
and resources in the health industry.
- Clinical calculators of body surface area, breast cancer risk and body mass.
- Health topics, lifestyle magazine, discussion forum, news and research.
& Family Resource Guide - Personal and professional sites containing valuable
information and links.
A to Z - Includes a directory of more than 50,000 professionally-reviewed Internet
resources, supportive online communities, and a calendar.
Health and Wellness - Explains the
importance of "wellness", information on how to rate your own wellness, and how
onsite programs can boost employee productivity.
Health and Wellness Topic Center -
Provides information and interactive health management tools across a variety of
Communication Network - Provides the up-to-date health information on a variety of
Consumer Alliance - Provides information to consumers and advocates about access to
health care for low-income consumers, including consumer education materials in 13
Depot - Directory to health and medical sites about diet, fitness, disabilities,
diseases, health resources, products and sales.
Forums - Customized libraries of health and well-being information. Log in to access
an extensive library of resources.
In Depth - Health information links to newspapers, magazines and internet resources.
In Focus - Independent UK health information and medical information resource.
Health Leader - A webzine produced
by The University of Texas Health Science Center, which provides information to help you
make better decisions about your health.
Health, Nutrition and Fitness -
Search this extensive directory of sites, focusing on exercise and fitness, nutrition,
mental health, depression and therapy, and diseases such as osteoporosis.
Plug - Provides information on prescription drugs and other medications, with a
message board and news links.
The Health Resource, Inc. - Specialized
medical research reports on mainstream, experimental, and alternative treatments,
specialists, and support organizations.
- Contains health news and information, including a health encyclopedia.
Health-Center.com - Resources on
numerous health topics. Includes a bulletin board and discussion forum.
Risk Assessment - Useful health risk assessment.
- Information on upcoming events and expos in Minnesota.
(tm) - Resource for consumer health and human services.
- Offers information including diseases and conditions, nutrition, exercise, mental
health, live discussions and a message board.
- Grades the performance of hospitals, physicians, health plans, nursing homes and other
health care providers in the United States.
Plus - Health information including health assessments, quizzes, polls, news,
articles, and drug information.
Plus - Consumer health information on general health, health care providers, medical
research, insurance, wellness, mental health, and alternative medicine.
- Health forum for support, information, or exchanging ideas. Topics of discussion include
general health, fitness, nutrition, diets, women's/teen's/men's issues, depression,
A.A/N.A recovery, acne, mental illness.
Health+Plus / Dr. David Clark
- Information and alternatives on various health challenges.
- Free reports on body fat percentage, body mass index, calorie burning activities, target
heart rate and smoking costs. Online health risk assessment which provides resources based
on your health risks.
- A membership healthcare network that helps individuals to become more knowledgeable and
active participants in managing their personal health.
Healthy Living Resources - Provides
resources and links focusing on combating stress, health issues, weight management,
nutrition and other wellness concerns.
- An internet-based healthcare network that connects physicians and patients to each other
and to a virtual world of medical information, tools, and services.
Health Library - Searchable index to healthcare sites.
Internet Pharmacy and Online Pharmacies
Verification - National Association of Boards of Pharmacy provides searchable listings
of approved online pharmacies.
Health Information - Information on health conditions, pharmaceuticals, medical news,
plus profiles of physicians and hospitals. Free registration.
The Lifestyle Doctor - Information on
lifestyle issues and simple ways to help oneself.
- Offers information on topics such as diabetes, irritable bowel syndrom (IBS),
hypertension, and epilepsy.
- Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health topics.
Molson Medical Informatics: Student Projects - A growing collection of multimedia
projects in medical teaching. Developed by McGill medical students under the supervision
of the McGill Medical Faculty. Includes a student/faculty forum.
HealthLink - Features health news and information, produced by the Medical College of
- Provides health and medical information, health tips, resources, experts, news, chats,
and community support.
- Providing consumers with healthcare information and resources in every medical
specialty. Providing physicians and patients with an efficient way to create and store
medical records interactively.
Medical Consumer Guide - Medical
information pertaining to primary care, elective care, dental care, vision care, and drug
and products safety and health.
Elite - International medical consulting and information company that specializes in
locating medical specialists. Translated into English, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese,
Russian, Spanish, and other languages.
Dictionary - Dictionary with extensive listings on treatments. Current information on
new medical procedures and definitions.
Medical Information Warehouse - Offers medical and disease information including
poison control and child abuse areas.
- Provides interactive free health information on Womens, Childrens and Family health
concerns. The site also includes extensive information on herbal medicines, supplements
and First Aid. Bilingual, English/Spanish.
Medicalresourcesusa.com - Offers guides to
American hospitals, health clinics, medical practices and specialties.
OnLine - In-depth information on cancer for health care professionals and patients.
- A home health guide to diagnosis and treatment, and when to see your doctor or go to
- Provides a safe health search for medical information available on the internet.
Michigan Electronic Library - Health
Information Resources - Extensive resources and links of interest to the health
consumer and to professionals.
Mindy Machanic's Change Pages: Wellness and
Health Info - Articles on healthy foods, cancer and breast cancer. Includes
comprehensive links to additional resources for health and wellness.
- Provides information on health and wellness, daily health news and message boards.
Institutes of Health -- Health Information Index - Main consumer health information
page for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
No Frills Health - An easy to use and
useful guide to health sites on the net.
MD Program - A medical e-course, written for the everyday layman. Easy to understand
Patient Protect - Medical consultation
devoted to protecting and defend patients. Contributes to reducing health costs, by
preventing abuses, negligences, medical errors and incompetence in the health field.
Patient's Guide to the Internet - A step-by-step guide for patients seeking medical
information on the Internet.
- Global International health, medical and disability resources database. Categorized
medical condition search for people with disabilities or health impairments, their
families and those providing services and support.
- Locate health professionals anywhere in the world.
- Offers nutrition and general health information.
- Science related resources for the public on health and disease. Discussion boards, chat,
news, patents, clinical trials and books.
Search-It-All - Doctor and hospital
search, nutrition facts, drug and disease lookup and health information.
A Second Opinion Medical Information Services
- Medical treatment options, physician background check service, best hospitals and
doctors. (Ft. Walton Beach, FL)[Fee based service - ed]
- Consumer health information including a medical Q&A database and an Australian drug
database. Covers infertility, emotional health, sexual health & integrative &
complementary health issues.
Surgery Door Home Healthcare
Guide - Symptoms of common illnesses and ailments. From the UK's on-line health
- An interactive medical diagnosis and treatment reference that uses brief yes/no
questions about a users symptoms to arrive at possible conditions and treatments. [Please
note the "Warning" before proceeding - ed]
Network - Global health information network and community that integrate every aspect
of Health and Fitness in one place.
Star Health, Science and Technology Resource Center - Free online Medical Check up How
healthly your are? Test your eye, BMI, carbs, protein, cholestrol, heart, height,
calories, depression. Plus articles, news and updates related to health and fitness.
Consumer - Frequently updated portal for healthcare, chat forums, health quizzes, news
and consumer product updates.
- Provides information on conditions, complementary treatments and expert views, all
written by doctors in the United Kingdom.
Hour Medical Informational Talk Show - A medical talk show aired in over 100 cities
throughout the United States.
- Includes health resources, discussion and news.
World of Diseases - Catalog of links and information on diseases and human conditions.
Includes an online bookstore.
- Offers an online medical encyclopedia with a large medical slide library and videos.
WoundHeal.com - Educational
information and resources for the non-surgical healing of pressure ulcers, at home.
Your Health IS Your Business
- Site includes information on health and wellness including primarily links to sites on
the internet on health and wellness.